Adventure Guides is a YMCA program that helps to foster the father-child relationship to create lifelong meaningful memories. These programs are purposefully designed to accompany the parent and child on this journey of discovery. While there is no disputing the importance of whole-family activity, we see tremendous value in supporting and strengthening the ability of fathers and children to communicate at an early age in ways that are respectful, responsible, honest, and caring. We seek to encourage you as a parent to get to know your kid while your kid is still a kid.
The Adventure Guides program will work to:
- foster companionship, understanding and set a foundation for positive, lifelong relationships between father and child
- build a sense of self-esteem and personal worth
- expand awareness of body, mind, and spirit
- provide a framework to meet a mutual need of spending enjoyable, constructive, and quality time together
- enhance the quality of family time
- emphasize the vital role that parents play in the growth and development of their children
- enable your family to meet other families with children of the same age
What does it cost?
Please email Luke Marsden at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire. For the 2022-2023 school year there will be yearly participant dues of $20 per person along with individual event costs based on attendance by each family and circle.